NewBie

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Alarm Clock

I usually keep alarm in my mobile but now I have a mobile which doesn't have that facility. Its a motorola model .. I think it was the first model invented :-(. No complaints.. company provided that to me for production support. I'm happy that I have that atleast. Now I realize the value of Nokia :-)..Ok, I spent atleast 2 hours to find out that my mobile doesn't have the alarm facility. So, I had to use the conventional alarm clock. But even that was complicated. I put the alarm to on and set a time in it..it didn't work..luckily I got up soon. Today I had to be at office at 7 AM and did not want to take a chance. My roommate offered her Nokia mobile and asked me to use it. But I had sometime and decided to fix my alarm clock..after all we're engineers..s/w engineers and not able to fix an alarm clock !! I started with our usual procedure "If something doesn't work, restart it..if it still doesn't work restart your computer". I switched off the clock ..no luck. So I unplugged it. Now it started to ring but every 10 minutes. After an hour, I figured out the "Snooze" functionality. There were a lot of buttons so snooze was easier for me. So I snoozed it first and then managed to find the right button and switched it off. It seemed flawless to me. But seems the clock is programmed differently. I figured out atlast how to use my alarm clock. I should never touch the snooze button. I should just switch it off. Today I wasn't sure if it would work and its amazing sometimes how well our body is programmed. I got up well before but still wanted to be in bed to check if my understanding is correct..though it wasn't a perfect solution..I fixed it..And Wow at 5:35 sharp it rang and I was happy !! I'll do some research later to really understand the clock !!

7 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM, July 12, 2006, Blogger Movie Mazaa said…

    Alarms dont last much long with me, coz I have a weird habit of throwing them around once the bell goes off. Lately however, I hv devised this unique plan that has the alarm being kept away, stashed up somewhere, where I wud literally have to get up to stop the bell.

    :)
    Thx for stopping by my blog.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, July 12, 2006, Blogger Jeevan said…

    good that i have Nokia with alam. i used to keep 6.am, every day, after some day before the alam rings i wake up and wait till the alam rings and getout form the bed. Wishes for your clock research:)

     
  • At 10:43 PM, July 12, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Velu - that's what I advised my friend to do !! Atleast you get up and switch it off. She either allows it to ring and I have to put it off and wake her up or she puts off the alarm and sleeps again :-)

    Jeevan - Thanks. It's true that once we are used to a habit we don't need an alarm to get up. But I was talking abt a special case where I wanted to get up earlier and even without the alarm I got up.

     
  • At 12:18 AM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Syam said…

    yeppa oru alarm clock ah vechu ivalo research pannalaama...thiramai thaan :-)

    btw, thanks for visiting my blog

     
  • At 6:32 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Syam - thanks for stopping by. :-)

     
  • At 9:15 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Butterflies said…

    nokia thaanma sema user frly....aana mobileaa aaaraichi panraa matter nejaamaave porumai testing activity than!

     
  • At 9:22 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    shubha .. Thanks for stopping by. I love நோகியா. Test பண்ணீட்டு failure பெரிய ஆப்பு :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home