NewBie

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Prayer !!

On a rainy day, I peeped out of my window Saw a child playing with her doll Innocent smile on her lips Petal soft cheeks and little fingers Legs which could not hold herself straight Tears ran down my cheeks As I watched each drop roll down, I could see me in every stage of my life. I asked God, Why did I grow? Where is my smile that took away many hearts? Why am I alone here with noone to wipe my tears? Why can't I sleep on my mother's lap forgetting all worries? Why can't I hold my father's hand and keep walking endlessly? Oh, God..please take me back to those golden days.. God, didn't answer and as time flew I fell asleep I was standing in a desert and I saw a lot of people there. There was a tall dark, ugly man with a beard who seemed to have all diseases in the world, He was sitting on a stone in deep thought. As I walked towards him, I saw a small child struggle to walk in the sand I knew why I grew up, I needed strong legs for the journey I saw a girl, crying over a thorn in her feet I knew why I grew up, I learnt to bear pain I saw another man dying of thirst I knew why I grew up, I needed to be tolerant for tougher times I saw a man, yelling at everyone I knew why I grew up, I learnt to be patient and compassionate I went to the old man, and stared at him and asked why are you so miserable? Why am I here? Is it hell? What is that "hell"? That is where sinners go after death. Ha Ha.."sinners?". Child, there is no such thing as heaven or hell. People who have spent their lives usefully have a pleasant life here others just make their lives miserable even here. There's no punishment anywhere its they who punish themselves. I understood what he said..how foolish of me? I had a wonderful life. He asked me, Do you really accept that? I asked him How do you read my mind? I know u, in and out. I asked him..So are you God? Oh ! Ha Ha.. Is that how you call me..so be it. I like that name. Child, Call me however you want.I'm in-charge of this place. Lot of people talk to me everyday and call me by different names I started liking him..he was funny Why are you looking so tired? Come on .. everyone scold me when things go wrong. No one appreciates me .. though I try my best to make them happy That's not true..everyday we all thank you for a wonderful life. Ha Ha..child, Everyday, I hear you saying "My parents miss me now so take care of them. Take care of my sister/brother and keep them happy. I've got a caring husband and in-laws. Keep us all happy. Please see that my husband loves me always inspite of all mistakes I make And please be with me always". I said..smiling to myself..well..I don't remember exactly but still.. isn't that good? Ok..that's good. But then..before ur next prayer do you know how many times you scold me? I'm really sorry..but I just feel like blaming you when things go wrong. Aren't you the one who controls everything? So, if you are with me then why do I make mistakes? It's not your fault child..everyone does it. How can you learn without making mistakes? Yes..I've learnt a lot. So why am I here? Am I dead? Can't I go home? Like, will I have re-birth? Ha Ha..not so soon. Today you asked me something. So I thought you needed special attention and got you here. We'll decide on whether you want to go back or not. So, you don't smile now ..uh? Yes, I don't. Why? I don't know..but I always have something to worry about. As soon as I solve a problem another arises and life goes on. Hmm..when you were a child why were you smiling? I think, I had no worries. So why do you worry now? Don't you beleive that I'll take care of things. So as you grew up you didn't want me. You took things in your own hands. Child, stop worrying about life and you'll automatically be cheerful. I smiled and said yes I'll.. So, next complaint is you're alone..uh? Yes, I'm. Really? Am I not with you? And he winked.. But I miss my parents. Child, understand that every person has different roles to perform..and they need to keep moving as their roles are fulfilled. It's time for your parents to move higher as they've done their duties well. So, this temporary separation prepares you mentally for a final separation. No..you can't do that to my parents. You can't be cruel. Child, Will I let you suffer? I'm not cruel to you. I know that you'll miss your parent's love so I gave you someone to love you more. Didn't I? I gave you a lap to cry upon, a hand to hold lifelong to take care of you always. And, I want you to show it back too because even he has noone except you !! Yes, I understand. The rain had stopped The streets were clean So were I. I prayed again "Oh God, thanks for an excellent life"

28 Comments:

  • At 3:13 AM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said…

    "I know that you'll miss your parent's love so I gave you someone to love you more. Didn't I? I gave you a lap to cry upon, "

    Beautiful words Pavithra..:)

     
  • At 3:41 AM, August 03, 2006, Blogger starry said…

    Pavithra ..such a inspiring post. we do complain yet we forget what we have. It made me realize that my husband also has only me and that i should be there for him so he has a lap to cry on.Sometimes we go through life only thinking of ourselves and complaining, when all along our prayers have been answered in some way. Makes me thankful for the life I have now and hope to make it a memorable one.

     
  • At 8:50 AM, August 03, 2006, Blogger ambi said…

    nice post pavithra.
    ..The streets were clean
    So were I.//
    what a classical touch!
    neenga ezhuthianthu thaana? or manadabathula yaaravathu ezhuthi kuduthathaa? (fwd mailaa?nu ketten!) :)

     
  • At 11:28 AM, August 03, 2006, Blogger KK said…

    Wow!! simply superb!!
    Very nicely written...The content is really very well chosen.. nice work!!

     
  • At 12:03 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Jeevan said…

    Really fantastic Pavi!! There is nothing permanent in this world except Love, it continuously come with us through out our life, from some one. It starts form Parents, Life partner, children’s, grandchildren’s, friends, well wishers...

     
  • At 12:34 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thats a nice post Pavithra....

     
  • At 1:55 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger The last adam said…

    Good one! At times childhood seems so rosy...and yet the present is where we learn...a compelling theme..keep up the gud work!!!

     
  • At 3:41 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Pavi,
    This one is just toooooo good n beautiful. Feel like reading it over & over again. Lovely post! :)

     
  • At 5:32 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Balaji S Rajan said…

    I remember reading somewhere that childhood is the best part in human's life. The saddest part is we realise it only when we outgrow it.

    True... I understand your feelings.

     
  • At 6:28 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Arjuna - Thanks :-)

    Starry nights - Welcome !! Glad that u liked it. :-)

    Ambi - Thanks. Naan ezhuthinathu than ;-)

    kk - Thanks :-).

     
  • At 6:47 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Jeevan - "There is nothing permanent in this world except Love" - true :-)

    bala - Thanks :-)

    the last adam - Welcome !! Thanks :-)

    has to be me - Glad you liked it. Thanks :-)

     
  • At 6:54 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    balaji - Welcome !! true. :-)

     
  • At 8:17 PM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Syam said…

    ore thathuvams of India va eluthi thalreenga... :-)

     
  • At 5:30 AM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Syam - enna panrathu..ithellaam thaana varuthu :-)

     
  • At 12:47 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Anand said…

    wow,
    this is an excellent piece
    I too had written a post sometime back abt my conversation with god and indeed it is upto us to enjoy and live our lives to the fullest!

     
  • At 3:20 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Vishnu said…

    Pavi, tats really a beautiful post...

    >>"I know that you'll miss your parent's love so I gave you someone to love you more. Didn't I? I gave you a lap to cry upon, "
    and
    >>"The streets were clean
    So were I."

    beautifully scripted words!.....

    Kudos 2 u...

    Cheers!
    :)

     
  • At 6:37 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Kuan Gung - Welcome !! Thanks !!

    Anand - Thanks !!

    the protector - Glad that you enjoyed it !! Thanks :-)

     
  • At 11:48 PM, August 04, 2006, Blogger Butterflies said…

    Pavi..................sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooper..I jus loved it excellent...very true?u wrote it excellent!

     
  • At 12:56 AM, August 05, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Shuba - என்ன ரொம்ப நாளா இந்த பக்கம் காணோம் ? Thanks a lot !! It feels good to get appreciated by you ;-)

     
  • At 11:14 AM, August 05, 2006, Blogger Movie Mazaa said…

    Quite relieveing, soothing and immensely pacifying!

    Nicely penned!
    :)

     
  • At 12:53 PM, August 05, 2006, Blogger My days(Gops) said…

    eppadinga, neenga eludhunadha?
    if so, nice work...gud gud..

    2nd para rombavey nalla irruku...
    orey feelings of india'va irruku..

     
  • At 5:16 PM, August 05, 2006, Blogger Jeevan said…

    Hi Pavi!

    HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY (Aug6) dear Friend:)

     
  • At 1:52 AM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Velu - Lot of adjectives :). Thanks.

    Gops - Naan ezhuthinathu than. So thanks :-)

    Jeevan - Thanks a lot !! Wish you too a happy friendship day !!

     
  • At 12:42 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Marutham said…

    WOW!! Pavithra...Awesome post!! :) I guess i will call u pavi if its alright with u! Honestly, i have had this high scholl teacher, a very wonderfull SIR!! He had made us pray " Thank you god for every thing you had given us today !! " And i have made it a practice to analyse my deeds everynight While am in the Bed TRYING TO SLEEP...And i do say sorry for if i have done anything wrong and take care that i dont repeat it. And i do thank the super power for all that we have!! :)

    Sooper post!! Btw, regrd the BUK...i have replied. Check my comment page~
    Regards,
    Marutham

     
  • At 12:53 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Marutham said…

    AND...HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!! :)

     
  • At 4:23 PM, August 06, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Marutham - Welcome !! It's a good "practice" and its true. Even I do the same thing ;-)..try to run over the tasks of the day and analyze my mistakes.

     
  • At 6:34 AM, August 07, 2006, Blogger KK said…

    Seems like your on this post for quite sometime now, So let me take the pleasure of tagging you!!! :D Enjoy!!!

     
  • At 11:21 PM, August 07, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    kk - Will take up your tag ASAP.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home