NewBie

Monday, September 04, 2006

Marriage - A circle of love !!

Today, I stand at my balcony Feeling the cool breeze enter me Pacifying all my senses and made me to Take some leisure time to think about Our voyage in marriage so far. Its a mixed feeling.. One side I feel time has fled too fast Its like we just met a few days back On the other side, we know each other better Probably, better than what our parents know about us. Two years ago, I hated marriage Beleived its just suffering and never wanted to marry One year ago, I sat at my window With a hundred questions in my mind I felt like a tree which has been uprooted And handed over to a gardener to be planted somewhere else If the gardener forgot to water the tree even one day The tree would fade and start dying If he forgot to fence it properly The tree might be damaged by others How can the gardener handle so many responsibilities? Who should be pitied, the tree or the gardener? I wondered what is the guarantee of the tree surviving Rather, me surviving. I had a question - Why should we marry? We both started our journey Both of us did not know to drive Just a blind faith and confidence on one another And of course, on God. As we started our journey, you were driving slow and rough I lost my patience and started blaming you Little did I realize that Even you are like me and I might drive worser than you and The slower we go steadier our relationship would be You had more responsibilities being the driver Still, I didn't understand and I got upset I wondered, Why did we marry? Marriage is said to be an instituition where there's no distinction between the student and teacher. You have been A father, taking care of my needs A mother, pacifying a crying child A teacher, enlightening me A friend, discussing things A critic, correcting me A well-wisher, allowing me to grow A lover, cuddling me I wonder what have I learnt in this instituition so far? Some subjects are easy and some are tough But nothing is impossible with you by my side !! Faults are thick, when love is thin You forgive my faults instantly and so I realize how much you love me. I thought I'm the best in everything You've made me feel so small before you Ours is again a parent-child relationship Sadly, I'm the child always. Will I ever grow? God only knows. I wonder, Is ours a God-devotee relationship? I blame God when things go wrong. To whom else can I show my frustation? But, I seldom thank him for whatever good he has done. May be, I do the same with you. Sometimes I feel, God made a mistake and I'm not worthy to be your wife What am I giving you in return for all this? May be love, but more problems to solve But you never complain and I know you'll love me always I learnt that Love is not in being perfect. It is cultivating acceptance,patience and understanding. A year has been more than enough I feel satisfied and no more desires left Today, after a year I recollect your marriage oath You've been true to it so far You've been with me in both joys and sorrows I thank God for giving me a wonderful friend Still I wonder, why do I complain? But then, I realized there is no fun without arguments. Has any argument continued overnight? Have we got pissed off and stopped talking atleast for a day? What more is required for a successful marriage? Misunderstandings have made our relationship stronger !! I wanted to take an oath today But, you accept me the way I'm. So, I just tell to myself not to repeat my mistakes, Trust you more and grow up soon. Our marriage is indeed, a circle of love Flawless, without a starting or ending point !!

30 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, September 04, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hmmm...if tht was your own, it was true touching and from the heart, wishing you and your husband a happy aniversary....

     
  • At 8:41 AM, September 05, 2006, Blogger ambi said…

    //Sadly, I'm the child always.
    Will I ever grow?
    God only knows.//

    good lines. but i think it shud be luckily not sadly naah?

    இன்று உன் மடியில் குழந்தையென மாறியதும் உணர்ந்தேன்
    இது தான் காதல் என்று !!

    ejamaan! neenga thaan solli irukeenga. :)

    (second commentu potta ethunaachum thara maatengala?)

     
  • At 9:10 AM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    venks - Thanks for your wishes !!

    ambi - "luckily not sadly naah?
    " .. luckily for me sadly for him..ippo ok vaa? ;-)
    inga vantha virunthe vaikalaam..B'lore is a bit far away ;-)

     
  • At 12:57 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger ambi said…

    he hee, ippo ok!
    inga mean chennai..? soon try to come over there to meet my old frnz, & blogging frnz too. (ozhunga sonna vaarthaiya kaapathanum! :)

     
  • At 1:04 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Mysorean said…

    A very very happy wedding anniversary young lady! :)

    Beautiful poem!

    With time your questions will be answered. Because if someone who knows the answers already, tells them to you also you won't be in a position to understand. Not because you can't but because your experiences don't support the answers being given!

    May God Bless You! :)

     
  • At 2:26 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Butterflies said…

    pavi u r married?...congrats dear..had a big discussion on marriage and was not too keen on it...this poem is making me get interested in the relationship!!!!

    enjoyed the poem a lot!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    ambi - Sure..oru vaartha mail pannunga I'll send you my address.

    adi - Thanks a lot for your wishes !! What you said is true. Time is the best answer ;-)

     
  • At 2:45 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    shuba - Yes, married for a year now ;-). Thanks a lot for your wishes.

    "this poem is making me get interested in the relationship!!!!" aahaa this comment is making me interested in writing more poems ;-)

     
  • At 3:03 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Jeevan said…

    concede life will be Lovely! Happy Anniversary dear Friend:) very nice poem.

    Done your tag:)

     
  • At 3:48 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Thanks a lot for your wishes !!

     
  • At 6:04 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Has to be me said…

    Absolutely beautiful poem Pavithra! Happy Anniversary to both of u! My anniversary is also this month! :)

     
  • At 7:57 PM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Margie said…

    Wonderful Poem!
    So much expressed!
    Happy Anniversary!
    And, many, many more!

     
  • At 12:52 AM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Prasanna Parameswaran said…

    Nice poem! The essence in any relationship more importantly in marriage is trust! We are all fed by thoughts that sometimes make us feel something is not worth it at all (like what u intially felt abt marriage) and then we change ourselves and our thoughts! Have a great anniversary and more joyful moments in life! :)

     
  • At 9:17 AM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    has to be me - Thanks a lot for your wishes. Advance anniversary wishes..when is yours exactly?

    samuru999 - Thanks a lot for your wishes !!

    indianangel - True ;-). Some questions are better unanswered ;-). Thanks a lot for your wishes !!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, September 06, 2006, Blogger starry said…

    Happy aniversary and what a wonderful poem.I had to read it over twice. straight from your heart.may you have many many many more wonderful years together.'I learnt that Love is not in being perfect.
    It is cultivating acceptance,patience and understanding. I love those lines. so true.

     
  • At 12:58 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    starry nights - Thanks. Glad that you liked the poem.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Balaji S Rajan said…

    Happy anniversary! Nice poem. A good way of expressions of your feelings. Well written.

     
  • At 5:41 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    balaji - Thanks for your wishes !!

     
  • At 5:43 PM, September 06, 2006, Blogger rachana said…

    hi pavithra!!wonderful poem abt relationship of husband and wife..I can relate to many of those lines!!loved it..wishing you many more great years to come with ur husband...

     
  • At 2:04 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Syam said…

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!....

    nalla poem aana llllloooongg...padichu mudikarathukulla moochu vaangiduchu...epdi thaan eluthuneengalo :-)

    wasn't sure belated ah nu...nethu varaikum unga previous post thaan irundhathu...innaiku thaan refresh aagi iruku... :-)

     
  • At 2:07 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger KK said…

    Wonderful Poem Pavithra...( please let me know words which mean wonderful...I am running out of words :) )

    //Ours is again a parent-child relationship
    Sadly, I'm the child always.
    Will I ever grow?
    //
    Again the same lines that ambi liked...ambi yepothume neenga yenna munthikireenga...The words "Will I ever grow" is proving true the preceding statements of childhoodness :)
    Awesome!!!
    Nicely written, Happy Anniversary to both of you!!! Keep learning from the institution... :)

     
  • At 6:21 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Keshi said…

    a cricle of love is what it should be...Im so glad u found that in ur marriage.

    Keshi.

     
  • At 9:14 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    rachana - welcome !! Thanks a lot for your wishes !!

    Syam - Thanks. Belated than..our anniversary was on Sep 5th. ;-)

     
  • At 9:18 AM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    kk - Its a talent to appreciate..I should learn that from u ;-).

    Thanks a lot for your wishes !!

    keshi - welcome !! Yes, I couldn't think of anything better to explain ;-).

     
  • At 1:50 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Vishnu said…

    Awesome poem Pavi!!!
    Nicely written, Happy (belated) Anniversary to both of you!!! May god bless you with happiness and good health.... :)

    Cheers!
    :)

     
  • At 3:26 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    eppppppppppppppppppppppaaaaa!

    Neengale sondhama ezhudhiningala? Irundha neenga greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! :)


    BTW, came thro Syam's post!

     
  • At 3:35 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    the protector - Thanks for the wishes !!

    karthik - Welcome !! sontha katha soga katha than ;-).

     
  • At 12:31 AM, September 08, 2006, Blogger EarthlyTraveler said…

    Belated Wedding Anniversary wishes.
    Unga avar idhu padichara?
    Sandai,Kovam,kuzhappam illadha vazhkai illai.give and take policy always work wonders.Wish you both more Happiness in the coming years together.--SKM

     
  • At 8:50 PM, September 08, 2006, Blogger smiley said…

    very inspiring, romantic... :)

     
  • At 10:23 AM, September 11, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    SK - Thanks for your wishes !! yeah !! Enga avar padichaaru ;-).

    smiley - Thanks ;-).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home