NewBie

Friday, September 15, 2006

Who is God ?

When I was a child, I asked my Grandma "Why do you go to temple?" She told me, "I go to temple to pray to God". I asked her then, "Who is God?" She told me, "God is the creator of the universe. He is powerful and will take care of you". My mom, didn't go to the temple. She told me, "God is omnipresent. He is everywhere not only in temples". So I asked her, "Who is God?. Why are there so many idols in our pooja room?" She told me, "God is formless and we can visualise him in any form we want". Since, I was a child, I immediately closed my eyes and tried to visualise God. The form I saw was Ganesh. From that day, I see God in that form. Ganesh was a good friend. Whenever I get upset on my parents, I used to cry to him. He'll come in my dream and console me. I never prayed to him because I had everything I needed. I had nothing to ask him. Everyday, I say a slogam to Ganesh which I thought was a "good morning". Everytime I'm happy, I'll tell him a thanks. The first step, beleiving in God and seeing him outside us. Fate had its blow and thus increased my faith in God. Sometimes I ask him "Where are you? Why do you make me cry? Why do you give me so many difficulties everyday?" But, when I sit back and think I hear him say, "I showed you the way but you refused to listen". So, Can I sit idle and relax? No, he has plans for me and I just need to follow it. May be he draws the outline but I need to give it shape And perhaps, give it colour too. How well I develop the outline is just in my hands. I stopped fighting against fate God had become an invisible power who is Always with me and takes decisions for me. After all, I don't know why I'm here But he knows the reason. I don't know the destination, but I've started to drive So, I'm leaving him to direct me Sometimes, the road is smooth sometimes its rough But, I beleive, HE knows what he is doing and where I need to go. Sometimes, I ask him "Why am I here?". Sometimes, I wonder how beautifully he has created this world How does he manage things? How does he make his decisions? He just tells me "You'll know by yourself when the time comes". I trusted God more than ever and beleived that I'm in safe hands. He is always with me and answers my doubts I'm always his pet. I did not beleive in asking him a favour HE knows what I deserve and would give it to me without asking. The next step, I realized God is with me. Now, I pray everyday and I wonder why? When I beleive HE is with me and takes care of me Why do I pray now? Few years ago, my mom was sick I said my first prayer. "Oh God !! Please take care of my mom". A year ago, before marriage, I said my next prayer, "Please give me a good family and help me adjust soon." These tell me I pray out of fear and lack of confidence. May be so far I've been independent and had no fears. May be fear is the only reason that all of us pray? Now, everyday I pray, "It seems to be a bad time for me due to Saturn's period, Let it not affect my family and let the suffering go with me. Give me the strength to face this". I have gone back to the first step where I separate myself from God !! I realized my mistake. This is the time when I should trust God more. I question him, sometimes, "Do I deserve this? Am I that bad?" But I realize now that I need to have patience and faith. When so far he has taken care of me well even now he'll do the same. I remember the story of Draupadi. When Draupadi asked Lord Krishna, why he didn't come to help her immediately It seems he told her "You didn't trust me completely, so I was waiting. The moment you trusted me completely, and surrendered to me I came to save you". Seems true. May be God has got upset on me. I've stopped trusting him and took things in my own hands. May be that's the reason for all my worries. He keeps telling me in some form to relax. But I've become too busy to listen to him, rather to myself. A good lesson for me to learn. Who is God? God is love and God is faith. I'm trying to climb back that step and one more To reach, the final step, God is within me.

23 Comments:

  • At 6:00 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger ambi said…

    //The moment you trusted me completely, and surrendered to me
    I came to save you".
    //

    sharanaa kathi thathuvam! nu solluvaa. but antha nilaiku vara romba pakkuva padanum. trust varathu avloo sulabam illa. namba effortla thaan ellam nadakuthu!nu agankaaram solla vaikkum.

    buthikku theriyum, manasuku theriyaathu. when both of them synch, yes, U attained salvation. worldly things nammai baathikkathu. santhosham kondaadum sanyaasi! nu rajni paadinaare athu thaan! good one pavithra. well written.

    me thaan pashtu, so ganeshku pidicha kozhakattaipls. :)

     
  • At 7:38 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger Bharani said…

    Nice one pavithra...Even when i think of god...it is ganesh...somehow i think god it terms of ganesh only....

    I think these things happens to everyone...the dilema of why are praying god, will he help us in bad times, why he is letting us down in times when we badly need his help, will he become angry if i stop praying.....there is no concrete answers....but ultimately....we depend on him for evrything in life....

     
  • At 8:02 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger Syam said…

    enna panrathu kastam naa thaana god ah ninaika thonuthu...illana summa summa ethuku avara disturb pannitu :-)

     
  • At 9:16 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger rachana said…

    nice post!!perhaps God is a mystry,
    we all see him in a different way..

     
  • At 9:29 PM, September 15, 2006, Blogger Jeseem said…

    interesting post.
    a questioning mind :).
    a lot of times we feel helpless or we are worried about something. so we need smone to wave a magic wand and ensure our future. so we need God. If there wasn't one, we would have created him.

    so if we were capable of dealing with whatever life throws at us, would we remember God ?

     
  • At 12:13 AM, September 16, 2006, Blogger KK said…

    Reminds me of the movie Bruce Almighty. When Jin Carrey becomes the god, he will be flooded with requests from everyone... Wonder how god manages... :)

     
  • At 10:03 AM, September 16, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    ambi - true...its not easy but definitely possible. "worldly things " I'm not with you in this..Does God want everyone to be sanyasi's? Life la yaar eppadiyavathu pogatum naan paatuku ethaiyum kaathula vaangama detached da elaam mayai ni sollitu poren - I don't think God want's us to do that. According to me, being a sanyasi is escapism, the real tough thing is to handle worldly things.

    bharani - I was thinking on those lines..as children we were able to accept a special creature as a god so as Ganesh has an elephant face and human body ..may be he attracted us ;-)

    syam - LOL :-).

     
  • At 10:05 AM, September 16, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    rachana - true ;-)

    jeseem - Its just faith..its like only a mother knows to pacify a crying child.

    kk - Haven't seen the movie. True ;-).

     
  • At 2:39 PM, September 16, 2006, Blogger ambi said…

    //Life la yaar eppadiyavathu pogatum naan paatuku ethaiyum kaathula vaangama detached da elaam mayai ni sollitu poren //

    yeeh, we can't be like sanyasis. be in the pool, but don't be carried away in the flood!nu solla vanthen. sari thaana? :D

     
  • At 2:55 PM, September 16, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow Pavithra! That's exactly what the scriptures say too!

    Wonderfully written.

    Rashmi.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger starry said…

    Nice post. I wonder many times about God and his plans for each one of us. I have to honestly say that sometimes I am disillusioned with god because of the chaos that there is in this world, the poverty and hungry children, suffer for no fault of theirs.I ask myself "where is God"

     
  • At 11:23 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    ambi - correct. Face the flood..God will teach you to swim. ;-)

    Rashmi - Thanks ;-). I haven't read the scriptures..will learn them.

    starry nights - True ;-)

     
  • At 5:11 PM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Keshi said…

    ur spot on God is love.

    Keshi.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Butterflies said…

    Lovely pavithraaa...such a lovelyy poem!!!!very true all that matter swith god is total faith and surrender!

     
  • At 9:27 AM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    keshi - True !! Ultimately, I think that is the only unconditional love in this world.

    vibhor - Welcome !! Thanks ;-)

    shuba - Thanks ;-)

     
  • At 1:39 PM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Good one pavithra....when I read this post, "Anbe Sivam" movie climax gnyabagam varudhu....

     
  • At 3:36 PM, September 19, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    bala - Thanks ;-).

     
  • At 12:33 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Known Stranger said…

    Belief is god.

    Sorry i speak against this idol formation but it is the belief - if the belief does good to you adhere to it

     
  • At 12:57 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Jeevan said…

    Good One Pavi! I trust god to keep every one happy and strong to help me. God reflects in our mind what we think and do.

     
  • At 4:03 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    Vaishnav - True !!

    Jeevan - Thanks ;-). He's there is in every act we do but then why do we make mistakes? Lot of unanswered questions !!

     
  • At 5:22 PM, September 21, 2006, Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said…

    hm interesting n true

     
  • At 7:45 PM, September 21, 2006, Blogger Has to be me said…

    This is so true & awesome post!

     
  • At 3:33 PM, September 25, 2006, Blogger Pavithra said…

    ajay - welcome !! Thanks ;-)

    HTBM - Thanks ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home